- 1 An Overview Of What To Look For When Buying Leashes For Bearded Dragons.
- 2 Buying Guide
- 3 7 Best Leashes for Your Bearded Dragons:
- 3.1 1. Adjustable Lizard Safety Walking Leash – Best Overall
- 3.2 2. WATFOON Adjustable Lizard Leash – Runner Up
- 3.3 3. KUDES Adjustable Bearded Dragon Leather Harness Leash – Best Comfortable
- 3.4 4. Rypet 3 Packs Bearded Dragon Leash – Best Adjustable
- 3.5 5. FunPetLife Bearded Dragon Leash – Best Budget
- 3.6 6. Tzou Adjustable Reptile Lizard Harness Leash – Best for Juveniles
- 3.7 7. Ogle Lizard Leash – Best Quality
- 4 How to put on a bearded dragon leash?
- 5 How to make a bearded dragon harness?
- 6 Can you walk a bearded dragon?
- 7 The Bottom Line
An Overview Of What To Look For When Buying Leashes For Bearded Dragons.
Do you want to go for a stroll with your pet reptile? If yes, then you must be looking for the Best Leashes for Your Bearded Dragons. A leash keeps your reptile under check so you can both enjoy the outdoors in safety.
The bearded dragon leash is a gift for your pet, designed to let them out of the cage, wander around, and enjoy nature while yet remaining under the supervision of their owner. Not only will this keep your beardie under control, but it will also keep him from getting lost or becoming prey.
In this article, we are going to discuss everything you will want to know about walking your bearded dragon, including why, how, and which leashes and harnesses are ideal.
We all know that it is feasible to keep beardies in their cage for the rest of their lives while still healthy with adequate UV light, heat, and food. However, if you want a truly healthy, active, and happy beardie, you must consider elements such as fresh air, sunlight, and exercise. Removing your pet from its confinement is one of the most convenient ways to allow them to exercise and become more active.
It’s now time to choose the most excellent bearded dragon leash and harness. So, without further thinking, let’s get into our detailed research on the seven Best Leashes for Your Bearded Dragons with their pros and cons!
In a Hurry? Here are our Top Picks:
For your convenience, we have mentioned some top picks; you can find the Best Leashes for Your Bearded Dragons from them!
Best Overall Pick – Adjustable Lizard Safety Walking Leash
Best Budget Pick – FunPetLife Bearded Dragon Leash
Best Comfortable Pick – KUDES Adjustable Bearded Dragon Leather Harness Leash
There’s no exaggeration in saying that WATFOON has made some best products for your bearded dragons, including leashes. However, KUDES is on par with it due to its unique leashes with wings and high-end features.
Your bearded dragon’s harness should fit properly and be comfortable to wear on its shoulders. The component that attaches a harness to a leash should not bounce about or hurt your dragon. It should be fit but not so tight that your dragon may slip out.
So, keeping all these things in mind, you have to consider the best leash for your bearded dragon so that you can take it to exercise for its better health. What’s the catch, by the way? Don’t worry! Choosing the best leash for your bearded dragon isn’t challenging anymore once you read our detailed buying guide. So, let’s get right into the business.
Materials are always essential to consider when purchasing a product since they influence how long it will last as well as its quality and comfort. Soft fabrics are considerably more pleasant for reptiles; nevertheless, this does not imply that they are not durable. One notable example of ideal materials is leather for harnesses and nylon for leashes.
Choose the best option for you and your bearded dragon. Your choice will have an impact on how simple it is to clean and how long it lasts. Also, consider if the substance is harmful to these creatures or is it safe for them. Choose a non-toxic brand that they are unable to consume.
Height of bearded dragon and owner
For bearded dragons’ comfort, first, measure the height of the bearded dragon and then purchase. Also, measure your height because you will be walking your reptile. Your height is an essential factor to consider while purchasing. It would be best if you got a leash that is long enough for your comfort. It must be long enough to accommodate everyone.
Your beardie’s leash should be of good quality to prevent him from escaping outside when you’re strolling through a crowd. Furthermore, choose a leash that fits perfectly with your dragon for its safety.
Bearded dragons of different ages will have different chest sizes, and the age of the beardie will determine the type of harness. Therefore, it would help if you double-checked your beardie’s circumference before deciding on the best one.
Consider your beardie’s size before choosing a brand. Adults may not appreciate what a newborn beardie enjoys. Behind their front legs, measure their neck and girth. The leash should be very soft or mild and allow your pet to easily move its neck, head, and legs. In the event of vigorous movement, ill-fitting items may cause injury to your pet’s skin.
7 Best Leashes for Your Bearded Dragons:
1. Adjustable Lizard Safety Walking Leash – Best Overall
- Brand: MBVBN
- Size: 3 Piece Assortment
- Color: Black
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Closure Type: Buckle
Here we are with our top choice, the Adjustable Lizard Safety Walking Leash, which has fairly earned a place on the top of our list due to its unique aspects. By getting this bearded dragon leash with wings, you can turn your bearded dragon into the most realistic version of a genuine bearded dragon.
Moreover, your bearded dragon will appear adorable rather than frightening with this leash. This beardie harness is composed of soft leather and wraps across the front to help protect your bearded dragon’s skin. Bearded dragons’ arms fit into the leather band’s two arm slots. Then, using an adjustable strap, it wraps around and joins at the back. The wings are also there!
Now, if we talk about the size, you can choose according to your bearded dragon. The harness comes in three sizes-small, medium, and large – to assist you in selecting the right size for your bearded dragon.
In the end, it’s cost-effective, with a high approval rate for a wide range of reptiles and bearded dragons of all sizes. Just be cautious while applying it to your bearded dragon. Be careful not to grab or snag their fingers or nails when putting these on because the arm openings might be a little tight.
- It’s simple to wear and take off
- Pet travel is a breeze using this leash
- Adaptable design
- The chest strap will never cause any discomfort
- Excellent design and quality
- Not best for giant reptiles
2. WATFOON Adjustable Lizard Leash – Runner Up
- Brand: WATFOON
- Size: 2 Wings + 3 Harness
- Color: Black Blue
- Material: Nylon, Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Leather
WATFOON is the brand to choose if you want a leash and harness made of high-quality leather. WATFOON Adjustable Lizard Leash comes with a pair of wings to use easily. It’s also simple to adjust to match a beardie’s size, with a length of 5ft and three sizes from which you can choose: small, medium, and large.
You can easily walk your bearded dragon due to the smooth rope. In addition, the vest on the harness can be seen, which is suitable for a variety of animal sizes. You have a broad selection of color options to pick from. Moreover, the bearded dragon harness is comfortable and long-lasting due to the soft leather and nylon.
Furthermore, you can use the collar in this leash with a variety of reptiles including, leopard geckos and anoles. It’s a 5-foot real leather leash that’s handcrafted. It’s effortless to put on, adjust, and wear. If your beardie is too young for the wings, you can easily remove them and replace them when they are older. When using, do not overtighten your pet’s vest or make abrupt movements when walking since this may cause injury to your little pets.
- Stainless steel swivel link swivels 360 degrees
- Easy to use and modify
- Various color and size options are available
- Nylon rope is strong and light
- Your Beardie’s perfect leash
- Because of the very fit front legs openings, bearded dragons may experience some pain
3. KUDES Adjustable Bearded Dragon Leather Harness Leash – Best Comfortable
- Brand: KUDES
- Size: One Size (Pack of 1)
- Color: Gold
- Material: Leather
- Closure Type: Clip
Here we have another top pick, the KUDES Adjustable Bearded Dragon Leather Harness Leash. This most delicate bearded dragon harness with wings is ideal for people who like soft leather or nylon rope to decrease the danger of injury.
Furthermore, when you use it to go outside, it may provide comfort for your pet. It is robust and long-lasting because of its leather construction. The connected wing will give your dragon a fantastic look. Moreover, it has an adjustable clasp so that you may alter the length to your preference.
Small, medium, and large are the three sizes offered for this leash. This best-bearded dragon harness consists of supple natural leather that looks great and protects the bearded dragon’s skin. If your bearded dragon doesn’t like the wings – which occurs a lot – you can easily take them off, and the leash will still look fantastic. You’ll love spending time outside with your pet due to the stylish appearance of this leash.
- Handmade leather is both comfortable and light
- The wing-style provides a great appearance
- Long leash for various heights
- Perfect for Geckos, iguanas, and tiny beardies
- Protects the skin
- The adjustment could be much better
- For certain beardies to be at ease, the holes could be made more prominent
4. Rypet 3 Packs Bearded Dragon Leash – Best Adjustable
- Brand: Rypet
- Size: 3 Piece Assortment
- Color: Black
- Material: Leather
- Closure Type: Clip
If you’re searching for a three-pack that includes a small, medium, and large harness and leash, the Rypet 3 Packs Bearded Dragon Leash is a great option. You can use it on your infant, juvenile, or adult beardies. Additionally, this leash can be used for iguanas, geckos, including crested geckos, as well as other tiny creatures, depending on the size of your pet.
Moreover, this bearded dragon harness three packs is simple to use and ideal for all species of reptiles. It is best for little pets during their growth phase and is available in three sizes: small, medium, and large leather harnesses.
Furthermore, this leash is composed of soft, non-toxic leather and nylon rope, so it will not irritate your pet’s skin. With an adjustable clasp, the rope allows you to tighten the harness to fit your pet quickly. Place your beardie’s legs inside the openings to keep your pet from escaping.
If you desire all three sizes instead of just one, these stunning, cheap, and sturdy pieces could be a fantastic addition. Because of its attractive visual design and excellent flexibility, this bearded dragon leash and harness is one-of-a-kind. This reptile harness and leash combo is ideal for a peaceful walk with your scaly buddy.
- Material is both comfy and long-lasting
- Depending on the size of the reptile, there are several sizes available
- You can adjust the rope for easy use
- The leash and harness are easy to clean
- The strap is much tight
5. FunPetLife Bearded Dragon Leash – Best Budget
- Brand: FunPetLife
- Size: X-Small (Pack of 1)
- Color: Blue
- Pattern: Animal Print
- Material: Nylon, Cotton
The FunPetLife Bearded Dragon Leash is one of the most acceptable options if you’re looking for a cheap bearded dragon leash with decent quality. It isn’t easy to find a product as good as this one, consisting of breathable and skin-friendly nylon and cotton. For little creatures like ferrets or baby beardies, it is soft and pleasant.
Take a look at those blue ones if you’re planning to give your pet wings. Other hues, such as green and red, are also viable options. Bearded dragons sit on top of the adjustable cord around their front legs and below their belly. Even better, you may unclip the leash and keep the wings and harness on your pet.
Furthermore, the airy characteristics of this bearded dragon leash make it suitable for both summer and all-year wear. It has H-shaped nylon straps that adjust to cover the back and breasts appropriately. This one has a 48-inch length and a 2.3-inch width, making it suitable for everyday activities like walking or partying.
Furthermore, because it includes a locking clip, it can keep your pet safe. This leash is the ideal leash and harness for anybody looking for a fashionable leash and harness. The harness has angelic wings and a fantastic hue. It’s impossible to say no.
- Reasonable Price
- The elegant wings and an adjustable harness
- Perfect for spending time outside with your bearded dragon
- For extra support and comfort, choose a longer leash
- A little harness provides neck and stomach protection
- Only for tiny reptiles
6. Tzou Adjustable Reptile Lizard Harness Leash – Best for Juveniles
- Brand: Tzou
- Color: Blue
- Item Weight: 0.02 Pounds
- Target Species: Lizard
- Product Dimensions: 4 x 3.8 x 1.2 inch
This Tzou Adjustable Reptile Lizard Harness Leash is another crossbody harness that wraps around your bearded dragon’s legs and belly, forming an x on the back where you can connect the supplied leash or any other leash you have lying around.
To my surprise, the harness is adjustable and intended to be gentle on even the tiniest bearded dragons, allowing you to start training them to walk on a leash at an early age. There are only a few color options, such as pink, red, and blue, leaving the slight possibility for personalization.
Moreover, in comparison to other alternatives, this baby bearded dragon leash is also a little on the pricey side. The leash connects to a durable and robust metal D-ring. You won’t have to worry about the harness scratching your bearded dragon’s skin or triggering an allergic response because it’s made up of soft cotton material.
This 40cm adjustable reptile lizard harness with a 120cm leash can serve you well if you have reptiles, amphibians, or tiny creatures with a chest circumference of less than 23 cm and can resist a variety of weather conditions all year.
- This harness is perfect to suit tiny animals with chests that are less than 23cm
- Adjustable leash
- Perfect for juveniles to train walking
- Comfortable leash
- Quality is not much good
7. Ogle Lizard Leash – Best Quality
- Brand: OgleRPets
- Size: Small size
- Item Dimensions: 2.5 x 2 x 0.6 inches
- Target Species: Lizard, Bearded dragon
Last but not least in our top picks is Ogle Lizard Leash. This leash is suitable for several reptiles and bearded dragons. Choose a size by measuring the chest circumference or the length of your bearded dragon, and you will be much happy.
This well-made, attractive, and appropriately sized harness and leash will provide good value. If you require a larger size, it’s also available in medium, large, and extra-large. The adjustable toggle rests securely over your lizard’s head and provides flexibility.
You can easily adjust the tightness to different degrees to see which is the most comfortable for your beardie while still ensuring it stays on. This leash is a brightly colored leash that will keep your reptile secure. The holes for the reptile’s legs are on a piece of vinyl.
Moreover, this leash is ideal for taking your bearded dragon to the park or on a road trip. It’s not difficult to put on the system. You can quickly put it on your bearded dragon and go for a walk. After a walk, you can easily remove the leash.
- Practical design
- Best stylish for dragons
- Much comfortable
- Available in various sizes
- Performance could be much better
Frequently Asked Questions
How to put on a bearded dragon leash?
- First of all, pull the toggle back to knot in the cord by pressing the button on the toggle.
- Then evenly distribute the sides of the harness.
- After that, pull both sides of the cord back in the same direction so that the gap between the harness and the leash cord is as wide as feasible.
- Make sure the “V-shape” section of the harness is behind the beardie’s neck.
- Slipover the beardie’s head while moving their front legs into the harness holes.
- Then, pull the cable gently until the harness is snug.
- Press the toggle button and move it back down the cable until the harness is tight.
How to make a bearded dragon harness?
If you want a DIY bearded dragon harness, then follow these steps:
- First of all, find a reptile-specific template.
- Then cut it out and stick it to your cloth using pins.
- Optionally, cut the cloth into a t-shirt shape for more support and comfort.
- Start by folding the cloth and cutting a tiny slit to make the arm openings.
- Next, using the same procedure as the armholes, but smaller, cut a tiny slit on both sides for the string to pass through.
- Tie one end of the string with the other.
- Put your reptile in the harness, then thread the string through the other hole and tighten with the bead.
Can you walk a bearded dragon?
With the appropriate attitude and training, bearded dragons may learn to walk on a leash. It may take a lot of patience and training on the side of the pet owner, but it’s possible. If frightened beardies will never be able to go for a walk. Continue training only if your pet appears to be enjoying himself.
The Bottom Line
Bearded dragons are used to spending a lot of time outside and being active because they are formerly wild creatures. Walks outside their terrarium provide them with the opportunity to explore a new environment, which will cognitively engage your pet in addition to physically exercising them. It will also lower their stress levels.
However, because they also have spines on their skin, finding a harness that fits properly is critical. In addition, a leash is a must if you enjoy taking your bearded dragon for walks on the beach. In this article, we have mentioned everything about Best Leashes for Your Bearded Dragons.
The Adjustable Lizard Safety Walking Leash is at the top of our picks. This harness and leash will make your pet appear attractive, make it easier to identify it, prevent it from fleeing, and so on. Give it a go right now.